Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby Update

I just wanted to post a quick update on the baby news. Today is my official due date, and not shockingly, there is no sign that he is going to show up any time soon. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I'm dilated 1cm and 50% effaced. I've been that since about 36 weeks. A little disappointing that I haven't progressed much, but I'm trying to stay positive. At least I have 1 less centimeter to dilate. I also have a non-stress test scheduled for Monday and another doctor's appointment on Tuesday. The doc told me that if I don't go into labor by then, she will schedule me for induction on Thursday. Normally, I would be very against being induced. I had to have Pitocin with Sam, although I wasn't induced, and it was a horrible experience. However, the last several months have been very difficult for me, so I welcome the opportunity to have this baby as soon as possible. And if it's by induction, so be it. Plus, it's nice to know that I have an actual end date in sight. Sam was 11 days late and I am more than happy not to have to repeat that. Here are a couple of pictures of me in my final stages of pregnancy. I'm not sure how I look, but I feel like a bloated whale.

7 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

I think you look adorable- I hope he comes soon!!! Keep us all posted.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I think you look great ... although I know how it feels at the end of your pregnancy and all you feel like is a beached whale :) !!

I hope he comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. (Those cookies by the way were scrumptious and VERY well decorated - I will need the recipe from you. I LOVE sugar cookies!) I had a lot of fun visiting. If Baby C doesn't come on Monday, maybe you and Sam can come play again to keep your mind off things.

Anonymous said...

I hope he comes soon. Im still mad at Sam for making us all wait so long. Charlie better not be as naughty as his brother!!! HeHe....You do look bigger since I saw you two weeks ago. Maybe thats a good sign. It means theres no more room to grow and he's ready to meet everyone. Good Luck....we hope he comes this weekend and suprises us all!!!! Love you sis...take care.

Gerritt and Melissa said...

You look fantastic for being at the end of pregnancy. I hope your little guy comes soon so you won't have to be induced. I also had Pitocin, but wasn't induced with Abby. It totally sucks! Hang in there!

Kristin B. said...

Yeah! Come on Baby! I thought a little cheering on may help! Miss you guys.

Taylor said...

hey -- didn't know you guys had a blog, how great! Thanks for your thoughts on Kai. We think he's a pretty normal kid, we'll see how it goes. Best of luck this week. We always battle at this stage -- they're quieter in than out, but then again, they're pretty cute when they're out! All the best!

Megan said...

Congratulations, and good luck with everything!!! You look great. We miss our old ward! It is so fun to have found all of your blogs, though! Ben and I will be starting one soon (some time this week hopefully!) but I do have one for my photography so far. Sam is SO cute, and it's great to read all about you guys and catch up! Best wishes with the new baby!!!!!