Wednesday, October 8, 2008

While Daddy's Away

Chris has been in Las Vegas all week, so we've been keeping ourselves busy while he's been away. Here's what we've been up to.
Monday: We made Halloween treats -- pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies and monster cupcakes. We also had dinner with our friends, the Schmidts. They served delicious homemade chili and cornbread. Thanks for a great evening of yummy food and good company!
Tuesday: We went for a walk on the Interurban Trail and picked what was left of the blackberries and ate them all.



Later that evening...



Wednesday: We went with our good friends, the Andersons and the Schmidts (and a group of several other parents,) to the Locks. In the six years I've lived in Seattle, I'd never been there so I was very excited to go. Sam had a good time with all of the other kids running around.







I let Sam play with bubbles in his bath instead of the sink.


Thursday: We went to Bitterlake Park. It was pretty cold outside, so we had the whole park to ourselves. I think Sam's favorite part was going into the bathroom and yelling just so he could hear his voice echo.



4 comments:

Amanda said...

Its best to keep busy when Daddy is away. You are such a fun mom! And doing all those things with a newborn, too! Sam looks so much bigger than when we saw him this summer.

Kristin B. said...

I am glad you are having a great time. Those look like the good cookies I am going to have to get the recipe. I so remember putting Vincent at the sink with bubbles when I need to get something done, with towels all around. I wonder if that would still work? Hope you are all doing well.

Anonymous said...

I thought that we had two kids. Where are the photos of our beefy little Chucky?

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Amanda,

What an amazing mommy you are! Look at all the cute things you do with your kids...and all while your hubby is away? Pretty cool if you ask me...I'm feeling pretty good if I get the girls dressed by lunchtime:)