Saturday, June 7, 2008

Highlights from the week...

It's not so much that we did anything very exciting or even blog-worthy, but there were a few interesting things that I thought were funny, interesting, or even just plain annoying that happened this week.

  1. After watching the Wiggles with Sam on Monday, I've had the lyrics "toot toot chugga chugga big red car" stuck in my head all week. It didn't help either that when I mentioned this to Chris, he started singing the song for me, only changing the words to "toot toot chugga chugga big blue Nissan."
  2. One morning Sam had a poopy diaper, but in this case he somehow defied the law of physics and pooped out the side of his bum as most of the poop was on the side of his diaper and down his entire leg.
  3. In reference to #2, I took Sam to the bathroom to clean him off, and as I pulled off his diaper a big piece of poop came out the bottom his pajamas and landed on the rug. As I was cleaning this mess up, Sam decided it wasn't enough to poop on the rug, so he peed all over it too.
  4. Sam and I decided to visit Chris at work and have lunch with him. Chris was running a little behind and was in a meeting with several co-workers. The blinds were open in the board room, and Sam could see his dad. So, he decided to pound on the windows and door until they let him in. Once he was in and securely positioned on Chris's lap, Sam decided to freak out and cry at the top of his lungs. He wanted out of that room. I told Chris that he probably realized what his life would be like if he became an accountant. Chris didn't find it very amusing.
  5. I took Sam to Barnes & Noble to play with the train station they have in the children's section. Sam played for 5 minutes and decided it was time to pull every book out of it's place. After he finally found a place to settle down on the floor and look at some books, I joined him on the floor. After another few short minutes, Sam again decided it was time to move on. He jolted back to the train station and left me on the floor. I stupidly/naively used a book shelf to help hoist myself up. In the process of doing this, I broke the shelf and the books came tumbling down. I felt so fortunate that there were so many people there to witness my humiliation. I know they were just thinking "What did that poor shelf ever do to her to deserve such treatment?" Sam and I left shortly after.
  6. Sam does not like to sit still for a diaper change. Usually it consists of laying him down long enough to get his diaper off. Then I have to chase him down again to put his diaper back on. This last time was no exception. He decided that after he jolted, he was going to look at one of his books. I think he likes to read in the nude personally. I sat there just long enough to watch him pee all over his book. I know better now for next time.

This is my life with a toddler.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the Wiggles, but those songs sure do stick in your head!

RORYJEAN said...

Found your blog on here- this entry had me shedding tears from laughter! Haha. I can relate on so many levels.